Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mushroom Beeforoni ( Budget beef stroganoff)

The other night I put this together using whatever I had in the pantry. I use the idea of beef stroganoff as a guide. Feel free to add more to it. Like sour cream or milk or other spices. I loved it because I was able to feed my family for 2 nights for $6.00! You can't beat that price!
Ingredients :
  • 1.5 Lbs of Ground Beef
  • 3 Cans Mushroom Soup
  • 1 Small can of mushroom pieces
  • 1 Box of elbow macaroni
  • 1 Clove of garlic minced
  • 1 Small onion
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  1. Put pot of water for pasta to boil. At the same time heat your pan on med. high heat.
  2. When pan is hot add the ground beef. Cook until brown. When water for pasta is boiling add the pasta.
  3. Once meat is brown add the onions, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are tender. When pasta is done cooking drain.
  4. Add soup and milk ( I used some of the cooking water from the pasta). Add pasta. Check your seasonings.
Very simple and it feeds an army :)

No comments: