Sunday, June 19, 2011

Camping Trip

Main Header 768x175

My husband found this website ( http://beta-www.tpwd.state.tx.us/outdoor-learning/texas-outdoor-family/ ). He told me about it and we decided why not? I used to go camping every summer with my parents. Those are some of my best memories as a child. I had been bugging my hubby for years about us taking the kids camping and this seemed like the bast way to introduce them to it.
I wish I could say it was a great time for myself. Something to do with being 6 months pregnant in 104 degree heat just was not good for me. They had a bunch of activities that I had to miss out on due to the heat. I spent the time sitting at the table at our campsite with the baby.
On the other hand my husband and the kids had a BLAST! They Kayaked, Fished, went Geocaching, Hiking, and Swimming. They got to do all the fun things that one does when you go camping. Including eating smores. I can't wait to do it again ( when I am not pregnant ). 
Needless to say due to me missing out I only have a few pics but I will share a link to pics taken by the park ranger who headed it up. If you have never been camping I would encourage you to do so. Look around and see if maybe they have a program in your area like the one we went to. It is an inexpensive way to get introduced to camping.
















No comments: