Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fiesta Rice Bake

This was a throw together what I had in the pantry kinda meal. It requires very little effort and is pretty inexpensive to make. * Note: I had to use sliced sharp cheddar because it was all that I had. I would have used shredded if I had had some.

Ingredients:
- 2 cups uncooked rice
-2 cans diced tomatoes ( I used one original and one with green chilies. Mix and match as you please )
-2 cans pinto beans rinsed and drained ( you can use black beans as well )
- 2-4 cups if shredded cheddar ( I am guessing )
- Salt, pepper, and cumin to taste

Cook the rice according to package directions. When cooked place in a large bowl with all of the ingredients except for the cheese. When it is seasoned to your taste and you have mixed it together add it to a greased baking dish. Top with as much cheese as you would like. Place in 350 oven for 20-30 min.

No comments: