Sunday, June 19, 2011

Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana

This is my husband's favorite soup to get every time we go to Olive Gardens. I have made this before and with it being Fathers Day he requested it. How could I not make it? LOL.. I hope you enjoy it.


Ingredients:
- 1lb bacon chopped
- 1 lb bulk mild italian sausage ( if you cannot find the bulk buy the links and remove from the casing )
- 1 lrg white onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic pureed
-1 bunch kale
- 2.5 lbs of russet potatoes cubed ( about 1 inch )
- 10 cups of water
- 10 Tsp of Better Than Bullion chicken Base ( or 5 bullion cubes )
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pepper to taste

In a soup pot add the sausage and cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Set aside in the refrigerator to keep cool.
Saute onions, garlic, and bacon in the pot. About 10 min or until onions are tender.
Add the water and bullion. Bring to a boil.
Add the potatoes. Bring back to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
Add the cream.
Tear off chunks of kale and add to the soup.
Then add the sausage and pepper.
Simmer until kale is done.
Serve and enjoy :)

1 comment:

La-Dee-da crafter said...

this is my favorite soup there. I am going to try this. Thank you so much for sharing. I am following you now.
ladeedacreations.com