Friday, February 4, 2011

Changes

So..This new year is bringing many different changes. I am loosing weight, finding time to do the things I enjoy, working on being a better mother and wife, letting go of certain people in my life , and getting my finances together to just name a few.
The one that I am going to address today is of letting go of people. I would have to say that most ( ok all) of my relationships are one sided. I am not sure how it happened and I became that person but I did.... You know what I am talking about? The fall back friend? The used to be really great friend when we lived in the same state? The person that chases everyone down to say hi and see how they are but no one ever calls me person? This includes family. Well....#1 It is hurtful- because at times it feels like no one really cares. #2 I deserve better than that. I deserve a normal friendship that goes both ways. #3. It is just plain exhausting trying to chase family and friends down.
Having said that ....My whole point is I am letting go. I am letting go of friends that have been "friends" for years. Same goes with family. If you want to talk you know where I am at. Until then I am concentrating on my family closest and building lasting friendships here in my home town. It is time to let go and move on.

No comments: